BestPrice.gr: A huge project came to life!
After more than nine months of hard work, our team "pressed the update button" and BestPrice.gr went live on 28/06/2011.
Helping consumers get access to greek online merchants' products and services ever since, BestPrice platform forms as of today a unique price comparison service available on BestPrice.gr.
Some BestPrice facts
- 3,5million+ products
- 650+ merchants
- 5.000+ brands
Infrastructure stack, components and technologies(built in-house)
- Utilizes CloudFFS, a distributed scale out files data store. CloudFFS also stores all static files across Pathfinder.gr services. 150+ GB footprint for BP files.
- Utilizes CloudDS, a distributed, highly available, KV store. There is no single point of failure and no bound on number of objects that can be stored; scales out by adding nodes to a cluster.
- Search is powered by Trinity, an indexing and search framework that supports billions of documents, both whole word and prefix based search. A typical query takes 0.01s to execute.
- Uses MQS, a distributed message queue service, for routing messages across application servers and other services.
- Runs on a cluster of application servers, managed by instances of Link, our high-performance Layer-7 load balancer.
- Uses CacheD, a very high performance in-memory cache service.
- Filters for searching by product characteristics(e.g color) and properties (e.g TV screen type).
- Technical specifications for products.
- Expanded product information, augmented by video, links and even more pictures.
- Product price drop alerts, including price graphs.
Bestprice.gr is a project under constant development and improvement. New and advanced features, stores and product categories will be added in a day-by-day basis.
We really hope you will enjoy our new service, as much as we did while building it :)
- July 11 2011
- 0 comments
- We welcome Giannis Aggelakis on board! October 15
- Phaistos Networks announces new offices in Athens! October 8
- We welcome Despoina Gabriel on board January 31
- A short intro to SGL October 12
- Phaistos Networks partner in BlogForever July 11
- "Hello World" June 17
powered by pathfinder blogs